Thursday, October 13, 2011

Time To Think Halloween (Week 8) Alien From Toy Story Movie

My final Toy Story group costume that I made was the Alien! This costume was pretty simple to make.
This ended up being a last minute costume. My friend, Celina, wanted to be the slinky dog from Toy Story, but after weeks of working on it - I just couldn't get it right. So, with a week to go, I talked her into being the Alien. She agreed and I got busy with the paper mache' head. I used a small size yoga ball and covered it with paper mache'. After it was dry I cut out the mouth and covered the whole head in green felt. I covered some ping pong balls to make the three eyes and added the green antenna on the head. (As you can imagine, this part of the costume stirred up alot of comments - *wink, *wink)
The suit was just a matching sweat suit that I hot glued the felt decorations on and it was done! It actually was a very comfortable costume to wear.

Please check out my sidebar to see where I have linked this post to.
Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment