Friday, September 30, 2011

Time To Think Halloween (Week 6) - Woody, Bullseye & Jessie

Last week I posted about the Buzz Lightyear costume I made for our group costume party last year. This week I will write about some other costumes in the Toy Story group. I made Woody, riding Bullseye and Jessie.
Jessie was simple. My friend ended up making most of her own costume because she's crafty too. She just took an old pair of jeans and hot glued the cow fabric on. The yellow on her shirt is felt with red yarn hot glued to it for detail. I made the red yarn wig for the braid and a purchased hat. Simple!
Woody was pretty simple also. Just jeans a vest made out of the cow material and for the shirt I used red puffy paint to make the square patterns all over it. Bullseye was more of a challenge, but I had made some horse costumes before so I went with what I knew. The horse is made of felt. I made the body so you could just step into it. Added some stuffing to make him plump. It has elastic around the waist. I stuffed the neck and head, made the mane from yarn and face from felt also. I ended up making the reigns long enough so that they would be able to go over my head and around my neck. That way I didn't have to worry about holding him up all night. Worked great!

You can see where I linked this post to on the right hand side of the blog.
Please leave comments!
Check back next week for more Toy Story costumes......


http://www.thethriftyhome.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, your halloween costumes are fabulous. You guys did a great job. I hope you had a fun night. Thanks for sharing. I recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over and visit my blog and you just might like to follow me also. I would like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete