Saturday, September 10, 2011

Time To Think Halloween (Week 3) - Little Frankie and Family

This was one of the easiest costumes I have EVER made. I saw it on the Family Fun Magazine website and decided to give it a try. Turned out cute!
Little Frankie's head is made from a milk jug (cut off the handle and spout). I used green duct tape to cover the milk jug and then hot glued some black fun fur on for the hair. Then I used real nuts and bolts on the sides of the head (they were very large heavy duty bolts).  Although, you can't see them very well in the picture. For the scar, I used black puffy paint.
For the pants, I just cut off an old pair of black sweat pants and cut them in large fringe pieces at the bottom. I went to the local Salvation Army store and bought a black blazer a few sizes too large and just a black t- shirt underneath.
The shoes were my favorite part. I took an old pair of black high cut sneakers (boots) that didn't fit him any more and cut the top of the toe off. Then some green socks with  the toe stuffed to stick way out over the sole of the shoe. So, it looked like he out grew his shoes!
I just used a picture of Frankenstein to do the make up. It was very simple. When he wore it to his school party, he just went without the make up and it was still adorable.
It turned out so great that we decided to get in on the act and I made my husband (who makes a great Frankenstein because he is so tall) the same outfit and I just purchased mine (Frankenstein's Bride) because I ran out of time. 

My husband didn't have a plain black tee shirt so we had to go with what he had. His head was made the same way except I used a very large plastic gatorade bottle as the milk jug was too small for my husband's big head!

Please stay tuned for more costumes! Feel free to leave comments and you can see where I linked this post to on the right hand side of my blog.
Thanks for stopping by!
Linked up here at Halloween Linky Party:
http://www.momnivores-dilemma.com/2011/09/halloween-link-party-my-first-halloween.html

1 comment:

  1. This was one of the easiest costumes I have EVER made. I saw it on the ... frankensteincostume.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete