Sunday, August 28, 2011

Time To Think Halloween Costumes.....(Week 1)...

I have always been a lover of handmade Halloween costumes. Over the next weeks, I am going blog about Halloween pasts and the costumes that I have made.
So, I think I will start with a costume I made for my son when he was about 4 years old.
Jason the Knight!

The costume was made from solid grey fabric with some grey vinyl like fabric on the arms and legs to look like boots, as well as the hood. The fun part of this costume is the "armour". I asked everyone I know to eat potato sticks in the cans and drink frozen canned juice! They all saved the lids for me until I had enough to make a vest like armour. I used an awl and a hammer to make holes in lid (top, bottom and sides) and then I wired them together until I had something he that was big enough for him to wear.
For the trick or treat bag, I drew some black ink pictures on some colored construction paper and then sewed a felt bag with a clear plastic pocket on top that I could slip the construction paper into.
He wore this to his pre-school Halloween party parade and I remember he was the only one in a handmade costume....all the other mother's hated me. :)
One more picture here:


Linked up here at Halloween Linky Party:
http://www.momnivores-dilemma.com/2011/09/halloween-link-party-my-first-halloween.html

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!! I'm so impressed with your sewing. This is awesome. I LOVE your potato sticks armor. I think this costume should steal the show. Linking up after you on tater tots and jello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun!! If you get a chance I would love you to link your knight costume up to More the Merrier Monday. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wonderful post totally contributed to the blog party's success! Thanks for linking up at Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop :)

    ReplyDelete