Saturday, May 14, 2011

Monster Glove Puppets.......


This is Simon the Spider. He is a monster puppet that I made for my son when he was into all that fun "make believe" stuff.  (I miss those days).
This is a very simple craft to make.
I start with a pair of those stretchy gloves that come in all different colors and you think that they won't fit your hand, but they do. I found them at the dollar store for  3for $1.00.
Next I traced a circle onto some felt scraps that I had laying around.  I used a dessert plate. I ran a gather stitch all the way around the outside edge of the felt circle and pulled it together to form a little pouch. I stuffed the circle with  some fiber-fill and then stitched the circle closed. Next I sewed the ball to the glove (sometimes, I have made some that I just used hot glue to adhere it to the glove and sometimes I did both to make it extra secure).
Then I added white pom pom eyes and pom poms and ribbons on each finger of the glove...a few pipe cleaners on the head, and some puffy fabric paint for the eyeballs and the mouth.
That's about all there is to it....Hope this has inspired someone to try their "hand" at a glove puppet too.



If you stop by, please leave a comment.
Check out my sidebar to see where I linked this post to.

10 comments:

  1. Those are so cute!!!! What a great idea!

    I would love for you to stop by my blog and share this at my For the Kids link party! Stop by and join in on the fun!!!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cute! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little one will love Simon! Linking up this awesome post with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those puppets- so glad to have found you blog- i have lots of grandkids who will love those little monsters.
    Johnina

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found you through Free Pretty things for you and posted to my facebook

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are super cute!

    I am having a giveaway on my blog. $30 sc to get a super hero cape for your litte one! check it out!
    http://houseonashwelllane.blogspot.com/2011/05/30-store-credit-free-shipping-to-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big kids (of all ages) will love this idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha soooo cute:) love them

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute & love how thrifty! You've been featured at today's Craftastic Monday party. Stop by & grab a Featured On Sew Can Do button:)

    ReplyDelete