Sunday, May 8, 2011

Kids "How To Set The Table" Placemat......



This is something I used to offer in my Etsy Shop a few years ago. I made so many of them over the years that I got tired of making them...I hate when that happens....but thought I would share it with blog land in case it inspires anyone to make one of their own. These are great for kids to teach them how to set a table, but I had alot of wives buy them (mostly as a joke) for their husbands at craft shows. :)
The very first one I made was for my son and he loved putting the appropriate utensil in the right spot. Now that he's ten - he knows  pretty well how to set a table.

I simply cut out shapes to look like eating utensils, a napkin, a plate and a place for a glass.
I used fusible webbing on back and then appliqued around the edge of each piece. Lined it with  thin fleece in between the front and back to give it some thickness and that's it!!!
Please see my sidebar to see where I have linked this post.
I love comments - if you stop by please leave a comment. :)
 

16 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea to teach my preschooler how to set the table properly - thanks for the great idea!
    Andrea
    www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute.. I can imagine you did sell a lot of them.. Free Designs at Say It With Thread

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found your post through Skip to My Lou and really appreciate it! The timing couldn't be more perfect, I was thinking of making a place mat for my daughter! Thanks for passing along the 'how to' details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue - This is adorable! I totally need one of these for my little guy. Thanks so much for linking to the Sunday Showcase Party - I greatly appreciate it. I have featured this today. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful~ Stephanie Lynn
    www.bystephanielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great idea! I love it. then they can help set the table!

    I'm a new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these! I saw you on Paisley Passions Thrilling Thursdays : )
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! I'm not confident enough in my sewing abilities though! Maybe I can try to replicate this with laminated paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet idea! I think it's a really fun way to make them learn this.

    Tnx for linking up at Who Made What? Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely darling! Thanks for sharing at Make Something Mondays!

    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a good idea! I'm trying to teach my little girl how to set the table and something like this would be perfect. :)

    ~Jenny
    http://embellishinglifeeveryday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fantastic idea! Just awesome!
    Thanks for sharing it at For the Kids Friday at Sun Scholars! You have been featured this week! Stop by and grab an A++ button for your page, and link up again for another week of fun!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/05/for-kids-friday-11.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an idea I'm sure my group of kids would enjoy. I'm actually thinking of making something similar out of paper and laminating it.

    ReplyDelete