Sunday, April 3, 2011

T-Shirt Memory Blanket.....

I have been saving my sons t-shirts from all the teams he's played on since he was 4 years old. There have also been a few t-shirts that I have loved and he's outgrown and I have kept those too. I was never quite sure what I was going to do with them. My son needs a new bedspread for his bed and I have decided to turn all those t-shirts into a blanket/bedspread for his bed. The thing that got me going on this; was last week when I was cleaning out his clothes for the new season...I came across a tee that I have always loved on him and couldn't bring myself to put in the donate pile, so I turned it into a pillow for his new "man cave" (game room/tv room) in the basement.

He came home from school and said, "Hey! Cool that used to be my favorite T-shirt!"

This morning, I started cutting all the t-shirts into 8 x 8 squares. This is what I have so far:
I will post again when I am all done (it will be a while)!
But, I am excited about doing this project for him!




2 comments:

  1. I have a friend that wants to do this, I am sending her the link. I love your ideas. It looks like you started blogging around the same time I did. I am following now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've started one of these for our oldest son! It's a great idea!!! I'm a new-ish follower and I've just awarded you the Versatile Blogger award. Come on over and check it out!

    Amy
    sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete