Monday, March 21, 2011

My Version of the Car Play Mat.....

A couple of years ago, I made this Car Play Mat out of scrap pieces of fabric that I had left over from making puppet theaters. I, originally, made it with the intent to add it into my product line at craft shows.....but after making just the one, I realized that it would be too time consuming to produce in bulk...This is what I came up with....
This is the inside of the Mat

This is the outside fabric of the play mat - with a pocket for storing the cars - when on the go!

When it is all folded up....it's a little bag!
Sadly, this will be a one of a kind for me. Too time consuming, but I did enjoy making it. The little boy that received this LOVED IT! So it was all worth it in the end!



Thanks for stopping by....please leave comments!




16 comments:

  1. That's so cute!! I made a car play mat, too. I made a separate bag for it, but I love the idea of it folding up into it's own carry case. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very neat idea - it really updates the Quillow idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I'd love for you to link up at Inspire Me Mondays.
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspire-me-monday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. that mat is awesome! I love that it folds up.

    new follower!
    kathryn
    www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable! I just gave my son some Hot Wheels cars - this would be perfect - thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This si such a cute idea. I need to make one for my little guy

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great and insanely handy thing to have Sue! love it! and my kids would too!!!

    http://megschmitt-neveradullday.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very nice, love that outside pocket for the cars! thanks so much for sharing on Craft Schooling Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, very cute! I've been looking for fabric like this, but can't find any. Maybe I'll have to try your idea instead. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea!! It looks very time consuming but the end result is worth it!!

    Thanks so much for linking up to Strictly Homemade Tuesday!! I hope to see you back next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fantastic!!! What a nice little package! I love it.

    I would LOVE to have you stop by and share this at my For the Kids Link Party! Stop on by!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com/2011/04/for-kids-friday-8_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your little "bag" is so cute! Very sweet idea - and i know what you mean about some things just being too much of a schlepp to make again, a few of my crafts are "one of a kinds", hehe. But so you learn i suppose. :)

    Tnx for linking up at Who Made What? Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that the mat is a bag as well...

    Thanks for linking to Creative Juice. Hope to see you back again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE it!!! New Follower!

    http://therealhousewifeofnowhere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm featuring this in my next link party post. Thanks for sharing at For the Kids Friday at SunScholars.blogspot.com. Stop by tomorrow night to see your post and grab an A++ button!

    ReplyDelete