Sunday, March 13, 2011

Magnet Boards.....

Last week I blogged about the bottle cap magnetic jewelry I have been making. Mostly I have been making these as gifts for the young girls in my life. I wanted to make something for them to keep all their bottle caps on when they weren't wearing them so I went to the Dollar Store to see what I could find that would be magnetic and I could alter.
I found these really ugly metal room decoration signs. The best part was when I got to the register they were only .25 cents!!! I bought them all. :)
I went though my scrap booking paper and picked out some nice coordinating sheets as well as some letter stickers and got out the trusty Mod Podge. I cut the metal sheet in half, so one would now give me two rectangular magnet boards.
I decoupaged the metal signs with the scrap book paper and some ribbon and personalized them with the letter stickers.  And here is what I ended up with:


...With the bottle caps on it!
A Close Up!
The best thing about this project is it was so inexpensive to do.
 I think the girls are going to LOVE it!
Please Leave Comments....love to know someone is actually reading my posts. :)
Check out my sidebar to see all the crafty blogs I link up with..

12 comments:

  1. This is a really cute idea! They look great. :)

    Thanx so much for stopping by to link this up at my party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, these are beautiful! Just beautiful!

    www.meldreamsoftenblogspot.com
    www.happymommyoftwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! My kids would love them! And will all the scrapbook paper around, there is no limit to how you can decorate them up!

    Amy
    sittingatourkitchentable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really cute! I would have passed those decor signs right on by...next time I'll just modpodge. Why didn't I think of that?? :)

    PS: I'm visiting from Made by You Monday. And I'm your newest follower...I love crafts, especially cheap, cute ones like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. .25??? I love it! The paisley & striped one is my favorite - but they are both cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project!! Very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen those magnetic signs and could not think of what to do with them! wow! I want them now, but of course, they will be all gone when I get to the dollar store after lunch.

    Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really very clever...so happy to know this world has creative talented people

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazing transformation. Don't you love when you find pieces to upcycle for a quarter!!!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice Thursday! Hope you can make it back this week {party opens wed. night @ 8pm CST}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those are so cute! And better yet you made them so inexpensively! I love it!

    Thanks so much for linking up with For the Kids Fridays at Sun Scholars. I can't wait to see what you have to share this week! I'll be posting the next party later tonight. Hope to have you stop by!

    :)rachel @ SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so cute! thanks for linking these up! Come back next Friday...also Sat is my first Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete