Thursday, March 31, 2011

Easter or Spring Time Centerpiece....

A few years back, I saw this idea (can't for the life of me remember where), about using asparagus and tulips to make an Easter table centerpiece. I tried it and it was so simple, yet made such a pretty statement. I liked it so much, I made 2 extras and put them on each of the counters at our two businesses. It received so many comments. So, in hopes that Spring will soon show it's face here in New England, I am posting the how to's:

You Will Need:

A tall circular glass vase with straight lines. (the one I used was a clear glass cylinder about 8-10" tall)
A bunch of asparagus
A Ribbon
A bunch of tulips
A rubber band

Place the rubber band around the vase.
Cut all the asparagus so it is the same size. Slide each stem of asparagus under the rubber band continuing until the entire vase is covered with the asparagus.
Tie a pretty bow around to cover the rubber band.
Fill with tulips - and Voila! A beautiful spring time decoration.
It will last for a week or more.
Enjoy!


10 comments:

  1. Those sure are pretty, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bright green and purple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple yet elegant! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya i love this idea and will use it over easter as i love tulips x tfs , i am visiting from fingerprints on the fridge and am your newest follower , hope you will stop by mine for a peek and maybe follow me too
    xmaggiex

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea. You have a delightful blog and I'm happy to follow. Please stop by for a visit sometime.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely...what an interesting idea! I suppose one could wrap the vase with so many different and interesting things, come to think of it... :D

    Tnx so much for stopping by to link this up at Who Made What? Weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I will have to use this one! Thanks for sharing at Fantastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Use it for Easter...then grill it the next day!

    Thanks for linking up to Creative Juice, Sue. Hope to see you back this week!

    ReplyDelete